Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A is for arcade?

I think between Scott and I, he is more of a kid. I mean that in the most sincere way possible. He is rarely upset, he is always so nice to everyone, and he always has energy to do anything. I am more of a "stay home and chill" person, and although he bears with me and we mostly hang out at home, I know he enjoys going out and doing things that do not involve always sitting on the couch.
So, last week it occurred to me that it would be fun to take him on a surprise date where he could feel like a kid and enjoy an afternoon together. Dave & Buster's was the surprise destination! We are the worst at keeping surprises from each other. So this time I was determined to not say a word about where we were going. Until... we were having lunch the day of our date, and I told Scott that the surprise destination COULD qualify as an "A" date if we started "Alphabet Dating". I never thought he would guess "Arcade" from my clue, but he did!!!!!!

 
{from here}

We went, we saw, and we kind-of conquered... It was so full we didn't really enjoy the games. I felt we had entered a pool of bacteria and germs, yuck! And, we thought it was a "21 and up" place, but oh were we wrong! Kids everywhere, and mothers screaming behind them to not leave their sight! We tried to have a good time, and ended up giving our earned tickets to a little boy so he could get a cool reward. Let's hope our "B" date goes better.

1 comment:

  1. Laura Quijano! I miss you much! I love the idea of alphabet dating. I may steal that from you. I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete