{from here}
Over the years I have tried to become the type of person that takes joy in things that we usually take for granted. Going from a country where winter means sole rain, and it usually lasts about 6 months, to a country where the length of winter is determined by the behavior of a groundhog, I have learned to enjoy the changing seasons.
Yesterday on my drive home from work I got stuck at a red light, but this time, I enjoyed it. To my right it was so sunny and bright. The picture I captured on my phone was barely visible. To my left, the gray clouds of the coming storm looked like they were devouring the office buildings. Needless to say, weather in the States has a whole different meaning than anywhere else, and I hope Spring gets here very very soon. The half-warm+half-cold days are not very fun, wardrobe choices are difficult to make. But, it gives me an excuse to stay home and watch pointless shows, like the finale of the Bachelor.
I promised myself I would not watch another cheesy show, but then they announced the line up for Dancing with the Stars... I guess I also enjoy the other meaning of the word "seasons" (the TV meaning, that is).

No comments:
Post a Comment